Just about 5 mins ago, I watched a BBC 2 documentary on the deterioration of Zimbabwe since 2005 and the children that have been left to cope as its country falls.
As usual, any news that broadcasts any kind of devastation is incredibly disheartening... but we shouldn't forget where help is needed most.
Even though our lives maybe seem unbearable and strenuous, there are others out there who will die at the chance of having an inkling of what we have. Our constant sayings of "we take this and that for granted" are just words that are said without thinking about those who need what we take for granted.
I hope that as both you and I grow up in this life, we don't forget those that need us.
I pray that I don't forget. I pray that I don't. I've always said that I wanted to help people.. I hope that in the future, my words won't be in vain.
Click this link for the full episode on the Documentary http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00r5ww9 with extra links for further information.
No comments:
Post a Comment