Life most definitely has ways of throwing you off course. One moment you were on the right path; after so many bumps and twists you could finally see your path clearing and looking more straight with so much more potential. I thought I had that; I did. However, nothing good ever lasts for long as they say and now... my path looks just a bumpy as it did back then.
I had planned to go to a decent university and pretty much a great one for my course: the University of Kent. Back when I took my A-Levels, my English Literature teacher had told me that the University of Kent was well known for providing a good English literature degree course. I decided to have a look and do some research, and it was true. For me, it was great and it was the University my heart had fluttered upon.
Now having found something my dream could thrive on, I was faced with a hurdle that could bring my dreams crashing down. I had to try and achieve the grades that the University had asked for and knowing the subjects I had taken, it was going to be a long, pressurising year in order to gain admission.
But I did it! When results day came around, the sky couldn't have been a brighter blue and I knew, as soon as I saw that white sheet that, my hard work had paid off and the Lord had favoured me.
I dwelled in the notion of actually be known as University of Kent undergraduate student, studying English Literature. I could see my dream coming into reality... the world of journalism was there waiting for me at the end of my path. I was just a few steps closer to it. I was happy...very happy.
Usually with life, things aren't always as they seem. 4days later I realised that the University's accommodation was too much, to the point that I wouldn't have enough to live on. The Student Loan I had acquired was too much and both my parents I knew that the final debt would be too much especially now in my country's economic situation. However I had another alternative to this. Instead of going through months of not knowing how to survive (if you would put it) and raking huge sums of debt, I could stay in my home and go to a local University (not of the same prestige as my current one) and do an English Literature course.
Hear I am a day later.. the present day and I am in limbo with my decision.
Sometimes sacrifices must be made but... can I make this one?
-------------------------------------------------
It a shame that we go through hardships and challenges... but isn't that what makes us who we are in the long run? To know that we've overcome these obstacles, to know that through PRESSURE, TENSION and DISCIPLINE we'll become the person we can be.
It is all up to us. What we make if our lives and how we live it... that should be what matters.
No comments:
Post a Comment